Over the past few years, young athletes have seen a significant increase in diagnosed ACL ligament injuries. The main reason for this is the increased involvement of children in sport and related training, as well as the greater availability of young people to sports medicine specialists and imaging tests. Most often, damage to the anterior cruciate ligament affects girls, due to the fact that the size of the ligament itself is smaller, as well as its lower strength.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries are usually combined with sudden damage to the knee along with the meniscus and immobilize the child for weeks or even months. Chronic ACL insufficiency causes functional instability of the maple joint in children.
Treatment of the damaged anterior cruciate ligament can be carried out in two ways: conservatively, when in a child who has not yet reached skeletal maturity and surgically, when conservative treatment did not bring the expected results or the damage covered not only the ligament itself, but also the meniscus.
Both in the first and second case, it will be necessary to immobilize and stabilize the diseased joint. For this purpose, the children’s orthosis AM-DOSK-Z/1R with adjustment of joint mobility every 15° will be perfect.
- Dislocations of the knee joint,
- Sprains of the knee joint,
- Instability of the knee,
- Damage to the knee ligaments LCL, MCL and ACL,
- Meniscus damage,
- Overload of the right patella tendon,
- Osgood-Schlatter disease,
- Sinding-Larsen-Johansson disease,
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis,
- Inflammatory bones,
- Reconstruction of knee ligaments,
- Other knee surgeries.
- Closed construction equipped with a detachable Velcro belt,
- Equipped with two front and two rear perimeter belts, which additionally stabilize the product on the limb,
- Equipped with anatomically profiled aluminum rails made of the highest quality materials with a compact magnetic clock 1R orthodesign,
- The product is skin-friendly and breathable,
- The orthosis has a special anatomical peripatella ring that keeps the patella in the axis of the joint and relieves the patellofemoral joint.
- Equipped with 3D ProSix structural material,
- The product is skin-friendly and breathable.
- Innovative clock with the possibility of setting the angle of flexion and extension of the knee every 15°,
- Ensuring comfort and safety of use,
- Innovative, skin-friendly, structured 3D ProSix material,
- Perfect fit to the child’s body and stretching the material in all directions perfectly modeling the shape of the limb,
- Elastic 3D mesh knitwear,
- Proper thermal compression and ensuring skin breathing,
- Maintaining the right climate next to the skin and effective sweat wicking,
- Excellent knee stabilization in the frontal plane,
- The anatomical shape provides relief for any bone elevation of the joint,
- The highest quality of materials and minimum weight of the product,
- Innovation due to its small size,
- No possibility of automatic adjustment of the previously set angle,
- The anatomical shape ensures proper axial work and protects against dislocation,
- Possibility to set clocks at 0° angle,
- Additional stabilization on the limb and prevention of sliding and twisting during increased activity of the child.
- Oxygenation and ventilation of the skin, prevention of sweating,
- Can be used as round-the-clock immobilization and stabilization of the shoulder joint during many daily activities,
- Class I medical device – the product is a registered and patented class I medical device.