UNIVERSAL PLASTIC FOREARM AND HAND ORTHOSIS WITH THUMB SHOT
Spastic paralysis of the hand muscles is the result of interruption of the supply to the spinal cord of stimuli from the central nervous system. The balance between the reflex activity of the spinal cord and the activity that stimulates and inhibits the brain is disturbed. This leads to excessive muscle contraction due to minor stimuli. It is enough, for example, to lightly touch the patient with a hand or bedding. Spasticity is very often the result of birth defects (MPD), as well as strokes or injuries. Its treatment is very heavy and consists in minimizing muscle tension. In addition to rehabilitation and pharmacology, passive treatment with the use of orthopedic plastic supplies is also very important, aimed at inhibiting further progression of the disease.
- spastic paralysis of the hand
- weakness of the muscles of the hand
- degenerative changes in the joints of the hand and wrist
- Plastic wrist brace AM-OSN-L-06 gives the possibility of gradual stabilization of the hand from the palm flexion to the functional position
- The thumb can be set from medium opposition to visit,
- Part of the forearm is also completely plastic, which increases the fit of the orthosis and stabilization,
- As an alternative to AM-OSN-L-06, a standard and neurological separator can be used to stabilize each finger separately,
- The orthosis is attached to the upper limb using a wide spiral tape of the hand and forearm and a narrow tape fixing the thumb,
- The frame of the product is made of aluminum with different degrees of plasticity, which has been combined with support rods. The whole is laminated on both sides with soft comfort foam,
- On the outside, the orthosis is equipped with a self-adhesive function, facilitating the installation of tapes and separators.
- A very versatile product thanks to the fact that the plastic orthosis for the forearm and hand with a thumb shot has been constructed in such a way that it can be easily used on both the right and left hand,
- The adjustment range is very wide and thus guarantees a high possibility of adjusting the product,
- The orthosis is a universal product and can be used on both the right and left hand.
- The device is very innovative because without the use of any tools or heat, the orthosis can be precisely adjusted to the patient’s body, giving it the expected shape.
- The open design of the product makes it easy to put on the upper limb.
- The neurological-rheumatological separator, which can be equipped with an orthosis, maintains optimal visit of the proximal phalanges and guarantees the correct position of the fingers in the event of neurological or degenerative changes.
- In case of increased spasticity, the separator protects the fingers from excessive “squeezing”,
- In the case of the so-called: “swan hand” in RA, the design of the product with a special clasp corrects the position of the fingers from the elbow side to the neutral position. Maintaining such a neutral position of the hand allows you to stop the process of neurological and degenerative changes in the patient.