STABILIZING ORTHOSIS OF THE HAND AND FOREARM
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is the main compression neuropathy found among patients. It is caused by compression of the nerve that runs along the carpal canal. In general, the cause of the appearance of the strait is inflammation of the flexor tendon sheath, rheumatoid arthritis, pregnancy, amyloidosis and direct pressure caused by an unfavorable position of the wrist.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is manifested by numbness, pain, weakness in the hand and paresthesia, radiating to the thumb, middle and ring finger and index finger. The main and most appropriate way to combat carpal tunnel syndrome is to use an orthosis equipped with an anatomical steel with relief of the carpal canal.
Many patients do not realize that using a traditional wrist brace can worsen their condition! Direct pressure and continuous compression, which causes the stalk, makes the problem worse and intensifies the pain.
Therefore, the use of wrist braces is extremely important REH4MAT, as one of the leaders in the field of orthopaedic supplies, has introduced a solution called CTSyndrome to most of its orthoses. It is a special pelota, mounted on a stool and protects the carpal canal against direct pressure and guarantees the free flow of electrical impulses in the median nerve.
- In carpal tunnel syndrome,
- in bursitis of the tendons,
- previous injuries of the radial wrist joint,
- in overload, degenerative and inflammatory changes,
- prophylactically in sport
- Openwork wrist brace
- The lower part of the product uses an anatomically profiled palm splint, which has been galvanically impregnated before human sweat,
- In the upper part of the product, two plastic slats are mounted, which together with the palm spoon form three peripheral support points of the upper limb, which effectively stabilize the forearm,
- Fixing the orthosis on the upper limb is carried out using three straps of the forearm and one palm tape,
- In the palm part of the orthosis there is a soft elastic pillow to improve the comfort of using the product,
- The product is available as right / left.
- Excellent stabilization of the radiocarpal joint and wrist because the orthosis was made according to a new, more anatomical shape through the use of three stiffeners located around the perimeter of the product,
- A very large range of fastening adjustment, thanks to which it guarantees great possibilities of adjustment and stabilization,
- The construction of the orthosis and the raw materials used prevent its users from developing carpal tunnel syndrome,
- Comfort of use – thanks to the use of ActivSpace knitwear, which effectively wicks sweat away from the patient’s body,
- Ease of use – a simple way of putting the device on and off by the patient,
- Maintaining proper hygiene thanks to the ease of dismantling the product has no problem with its washing and maintenance.